Benefits of a Network
As your business grows, good communication between employees is essential. You can improve efficiency and reduce costs by sharing information such as common files and databases as well as hardware like printers and internet connections over a computer network.
With improvements in network capacity and the ability to work remotely, successful businesses should regularly re-evaluate their needs and their IT infrastructure. Properly planned, an efficient network brings a wide range of benefits to a company.
You can improve communication by connecting your computers so that:
- staff are able to share information
- sharing information can make your business more efficient - eg networked access to a common database can avoid the same data being keyed multiple times, which would waste time and could result in errors
You can reduce costs and improve efficiency by storing information in one location:
- network administration can be centralised, less IT support is required
- costs are cut through sharing of peripherals such as printers, scanners and internet access
- in the event of a computer failure, files can be accessed by another machine reducing downtime
You can reduce errors and improve consistency by having all staff work from a single source of information:
- standard versions of manuals and directories can be made available
- data can be backed up from a single point on a scheduled basis, ensuring consistency.
Call or email today for a free consultation to determine your possible network requirements and solutions!